Most of the people might have heard about the term IP addresses or Router IP Address, but do they actually know what IP Address is! An IP address is the internet protocol address which is the combination of numbers with decimals in between to separate the numbers. In general terms, IP address is the numerical label that is assigned to the computer network or devices that use the internet protocol for communications like opening web pages and emails. Every router comes with the unique IP address and the IP address gives access to the web-based setup page of the router to make necessary settings and changes in the configurations.
10.0.0.1 IP is the private IP address assigned to most of the router used in business settings as well as to home networks. It is the IP address that is assigned by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority and it is assigned mainly to routers. This IP address is a private IP address that is used both for business computers and home networks. But for changes in the configurations, you must know the steps for login and setup of the 10.0.0.1 IP. Below is the helpful guide for 10.0.0.1 IP login and setup and you must check it carefully.
How to Login and Setup 10.0.0.1 IP?
When you buy a new router it comes with a default IP address and every router has its own unique IP address with default settings. To make changes in the settings and configurations of the router you have to login to the admin panel of the router using the 10.0.0.1 IP. The process for login and setup of the router with 10.0.0.1 IP is very simple and easy. You are required to follow a few simple steps mentioned below to complete the login process faster and comfortably. So, follow the instructions carefully.
- The first step is to develop the connection between the PC and the router. To develop the connection you need to use Ethernet cable to connect the router to the modem and then use the LAN cable to connect the router to the PC. After you are done with the connections it is the time to power on the router.
- Connect the power adapter of the router to the wall socket and then switch the router on. Wait until all the LED lights are on and stable. Once it is done you are required to follow the remaining login and setup process.
- Launch the web browser on the PC to which the router is connected and ensure that you use a reliable browser like chrome. In the address, the bar of the browser you need to enter the default IP address of the router i.e. 10.0.0.1 and hit the enter bar.
- Now you will be redirected to the admin login page of the router. The router comes with a default username and password that you need to use to login and setup the router. If you are not aware of the default username and password of the router, you simply need to flip the router to find the router label where the default username and password are written. Enter the credentials and click the “OK” button to login to the admin page of the router.
- Once you have successfully logged in to the router with 10.0.0.1 IP, you need to setup and configure the router to the network. You have to go to the admin panel of the router where you can make all changes and setup the router for internet connectivity. You need to run the setup wizard to complete the login and setup process of 10.0.0.1 IP. After the setup process of the router is done you can enjoy high speed internet connectivity with the router.
What If You Cannot Connect to Router with 10.0.0.1 IP?
There are many instances where you are unable to login to 10.0.0.1 IP and this can be due to various reasons. 10.0.0.1 IP is not the commonly used IP address and often time people make a mistake by entering the wrong IP on the address bar of the browser and as a result, they are unable to access the login admin page of the router. So, the very first thing to check is the combination of numbers that you are entering in the address bar of the router. If one single number is wrongly typed then the admin login page won’t pop-up and hence you will face difficulty in logging in.
The second thing that you need to check when your attempts fail is the default username and password. It is important to note that the default username and password must be entered correctly for a successful login. So, ensure that you are entering the right username and password at the time of logging in so that you can successfully get access to the admin page of the 10.0.0.1 IP.