Did you buy a Netgear Router at home? It is the right solution to avail of the high-speed internet connection. If you purchased the router, it is the time to install the router now. To install the Netgear Router, you need to install the Nighthawk application. Just install the Nighthawk application in your android for the installation of the router. In case you have the Orbi WiFi system, you need to install the Orbi application in your android.
Now get back to the main topic of our discussion, how to set up the Netgear router. The details break down below will explain how one can install the Netgear Router through the router web interface.
Netgear Router – Steps For Install & Setup
Use the Ethernet cable for the connection. Connect the Ethernet cable to the modem. Make sure to attach the Ethernet cable to the yellow internet port, which is located behind the Netgear router.
- Connect the PC with the one end of the Ethernet port located on the router.
- Now press the “Power” button. Then, wait for a few seconds till the LED lights lighten up on the router.
- Now enter the website address “routerlogin.net” or Enter 192.168.1.1 over the web browser. Log in over the website to use the router.
- Let’s log in to the router. It would help if you had a username and password to login to the router. The user needs a default username and password for login. You can easily find it mentioned behind the router.
- Now click on the “Advanced” from the Setup Wizard.
- Click on the Yes Radio Button, and then go for the next. The router will automatically detect the internet connection, and then the user is prompted to log in.
- Now set up the password. Enter the new password.
- Answer the given two security questions.
- Time to click on the “Next” button and the page will appear with congratulations.
- In case the user wants to get the print of this, and then you can click on the “Print This” option.
- Select the next button, and then the page will appear as the Firmware Update Assistant.
- In case the Firmware Update Assistant page does not appear, click on “OK,” your router will automatically start.
- If the page is displayed over the desktop, you need to click on the “Yes” button to update the firmware.
- When the firmware update, the router will start rebooting.
- Now enter the new admin username and password.
- The primary page will appear on the desktop, and your router is completely set up now.
Installing the router at home is a brilliant idea to avail of a high-speed internet connection. The Netgear router is one of the best routers to use. No doubt, you can ask from the service provider for the installation. If you want to get this done on your own, follow the steps mentioned above carefully to bring it up appropriately. The steps will result in setting up and configuring the router appropriately without any issues.