Are you facing slow internet access? If yes, resetting your router would be the best thing one could do for ensuring smooth access. Resetting the router resets the connections setting also and interrupts off the malicious attacks on your network. It perfectly boots off the unwanted devices from your network and hence ensures users to have seamless and fast internet access throughout. The guide is designed to provide smooth access over resetting. Before opting for resetting the router option, one would better need to know what router is. So, that one could get to know about the different factors associated with it.
What is a Router?
Routers are the technical gadgets that are often used for directing the traffic between the networks. These devices route the data from one digital device to another without creating any hurdle in between. A router can effectively connect a lot of things to the internet such as smart thermostats, alarm systems, and security cameras. It is a wonderful option that one can easily use for handling traffic for different activities such as streaming music, emails, web surfing, video streaming, printing, and much more.
Reset, Restart, Reboot: All are the same?
Technological terminology can confuse anyone. You might have listened to reset, restart, and reboot many people tend to use these phrases interchangeably, but the fact is a bit different. Reboot and Restart both mean the same. It is usually a single-step process that involves shutting down the system and then powering it on. The process doesn’t require any changes in settings. The restart process is usually acquired when we have an addon on some major changes to the functionality of our system. Resetting is the process that changes settings of the existing functionality. Resetting any hardware or software gets the device back to its default settings. The process erases all the changes you still have made in the preferred product.
How to Reset Your Router?
Have you forgotten your router username or password? Is your internet connection not working properly?
If you are consistently facing such problems, then the chances are quite higher than your router needs to be reset immediately. Resetting your router is surely not a big deal, but it can cause issues if you are a newbie. We understand our reader’s issues and that’s why we have come forward here with the easiest resetting solution for you.
Things to keep in mind:
Resetting brings up a lot of changes for you. So, if you are going to reset your router, it would get quite necessary for you to know about the things mentioned below:
- Resetting router results in wiping out all the customized settings. Router settings automatically configure to default ones once you apply them to reset to it.
- The router username and password get automatically reset to the factory default values after resetting. If you don’t know what they are, you can easily get the one on the router label.
- Personalized WiFi settings such as WiFi Name WiFi password usually get deleted once you switch into the resetting option. You will not be able to access your WiFi network until you will reconfigure your router or update it.
- Resetting your router reset the connection settings. It perfectly blocks the way for malicious attacks and boots off the unwanted devices from your network effectively. Below we have provided you with the detailed process of how you can reset your router through manually and remotely also.
Unplug the Router and Modem:
The router usually comes up with a Reset or Restart option that the factory reset it immediately in just a few seconds. But, if you are not willing to delete the current settings of your router, we prefer you to unplug your router and modem.
- Once done, allow your router to rest for a few minutes so that it gets cooled down perfectly.
- Next, get back to the main option and plug in the modem back to its main power source.
- Wait for a few seconds. Enable internet connection.
- Now, plug in the router into the modem and wait for a few minutes.
- Bingo! Your router has been successfully connected to the wireless internet signal perfectly. our
Update your firmware:
Firmware is one of the most integral software applications of any router that enables it to run perfectly throughout. Failure to upgrade firmware can badly affect your computer’s operating system. Regular updates start flashing on your computer screen whenever the router starts facing some sort of security issue. For removing such issues perfectly, the things you have to do are:
- Launch your web browser and then download a suitable firmware option for your router. It will assist you in removing router vulnerabilities effectively.
- Next, you have to log in to your router using your router username and password options.
- Once done, you can now easily enjoy successful access over your router.
Reset your router remotely:
If you are currently lying at the remote location and your router is at a less accessible spot, you can still easily reset your router just by rebooting with access to the right website. The only thing that you need to know here is the public IP address of your router. The things you have to follow on here are:
- Launch your web browser and then search for your public IP address for accessing your router’s administrative page.
- Add your password in the provided column and then press Next to go further with the process.
- Different router brands usually require different sites for accessing routers remotely. If you don’t know which one belongs to you, you can search the site for the world “reboot”.
So, Guys! If you are willing to maintain your router’s functionality perfectly, feel free to reset it anytime you want. Resetting the router is surely not a problem. One can easily do it by following different solutions. It not only reset your device to the factory default settings but improves the internet speed of your device as well. We have enlisted three different methods for resetting your router system. I hope it will work effectively and will make it easy to reset your router easily whenever you require it.